August 26, 2008

The Past Month

The last month has been very crazy, which is why I have not posted in a while. I spent the last month doing organizational projects around the house, relaxing, and getting ready for my last few months of teaching.

Everything has been going well with the pregnancy and since I have not posted in a while this post will be a 2 in 1.

6 Months


So at 6 months I still didn't have a belly to show for all the hard work I've been doing! :) I really cannot complain. I've had the easiest pregnancy ever. I'm starting to put on the weight and I gained 7 pounds in the last month bringing the total to 10 (again no complaints). I got to hear the heartbeat again, which is my favorite part of going to the doctor. This week her heartbeat was 160, which is nice and strong. It was funny when the nurse was trying to listen to the heartbeat because as soon as she put the microphone on my stomach my little girl started kicking right where the wand was sitting. She is really starting to develop her own personality. She is very active and moves all the time. She also does not like anything invading her space. If anything puts pressure on my stomach, such as a seatbelt, laying on my stomach, or anything she will start kicking at it as if she is telling me that it is in her way. It is funny every time it happens and I love it!

Now for the 7 month post. This one isn't too late because I just hit 7 months 4 days ago.

As you can see in the picture I'm finally starting to show! However, this picture makes me look a little bigger than I really am from day to day. I've gained 5 more pounds, which brings the grand total to 15. I feel like I don't look like I've gained that much weight, but all of it is between my shoulders and my hips so I'm hoping that a lot of it will go away shortly after having the baby. This month I had my glucose screening, which went well and everything looks great. I heard the heartbeat again and it was 159, which is perfect. Just like the last appointment, she kicked at the microphone again. This time I could see it, feel it and hear the movement on the speaker all at the same time. It was pretty cool. Next they measured me and told me I was measuring small. I think that everything is just fine with the baby. She is still just as active as ever and is still developing her little personality. Since I measured small I have to go in for an ultrasound tomorrow so that they can measure the baby and double check to see if she is alright. I’m a little nervous, but I think everything will be just fine.

That's what's been happening so far and I'll update again after my appointment tomorrow.

Justin is starting to worry that the baby's room will not be ready in time since we have yet to do anything on it. On the other hand I feel like we have plenty of time. It is cute to see Justin worry about his little girl and see how he wants everything to be perfect for her. He always wants to feel her kick and hold my stomach. Most mornings before we both leave for work she is still sleeping, but that does not stop him from trying to get her to kick for him. It is so cute!

Well, until next time!

2 comments:

Dani said...

please let us know how your appointment went! we want to know all about it!! ps is her name gonna start with a K??? :)

Anonymous said...

ya i had to do those extra ultrasounds also because i was measuring small...doctors are so full of it cause in the ultrasound he measured big. i am dying to know the name though. tell me in confidence? :) anyway, can't wait for the baby to come!